Automation is the future of CNC
Automation for all
Automation is the future of manufacturing. And it doesn’t have to be a distant future.
At Okuma, we work to equip shop floors with the perfect machine and automation pairing. Whether you’re beginning your journey or ready for the next step, we are here for you.
"Successful automation projects make us better machinists."
Processes must be perfected so issues are not amplified.
– Pete Haley, Owner Gosiger, inc.
See for yourself what all the automation
Tackle more work
With continuous machining, even during ‘non-operational’ hours, ROI is greatly enhanced
More output, proper resource planning, and decreased labor costs lead to lower cost per part
Shorten Lead Times
Manufacturers can deliver quicker due to the extra hours of fully automated manufacturing
Reducing human interaction provides greater consistency and lowers error rates
Appeal to and maintain higher skilled workforce with engaging tasks, ergonomics, and safety
Save On Utilities
Overhead costs such as lighting, HVAC, and even floor-space requirements can be reduced
Lights out — 24/7
You may be tired, but your automation is not. By leaning into automation solutions, shops around the globe are realizing the most profitable span of time can be when no one is physically located on the floor, yet the machine tools continue to run.Learn More
We partner with the best.
Wanting to pull automation into your workflow? Know you're not alone in figuring out the best path forward. At Okuma, we work with trusted automation partners to ensure full harmony with our high-quality machine tools.
- Simple addition to most Okuma lathes
- Great for low-mix, high production manufacturing environment
- Affordable, entry-level automation to boost productivity
Automatic Pallet Changers
- Perfect for vertical lathes, machining centers, and double columns
- Choose from in-machine, single-level, or tower APCs
- Provides hours of unattended machining
Flexible Manufacturing Systems
- Seamlessly automate numerous machines, even different models
- Configured to manufacture a variety of parts
- Able to adapt and handle changing levels of production
- Setup consultation, configuration, and installation available
Okuma Gantry Loaders
- Perfect for Okuma lathes or grinders
- Built-in solution for efficient part load, unload, and turnover
- Servo-driven hand rotation for speed and precision
Pre-Kitted Automation Cells
- Pre-configured automation packages
- Easy to integrate, quick to implement
- Kits designed for all machine tool categories
Industrial & Integrated Robotics
- Pre-engineered solutions for straightforward integration
- Configuration flexibility for specific applications
- Combine with smart manufacturing software for insights
- Okuma integrates with a wide range of collaborative robots
- Customizable programming, speed, and safety settings
- Intelligent features for insights into smart manufacturing
Okuma ROID Series
- OEM built-in and standalone robot packages
- Single panel controls machine and robot
- Part loading/unloading, chip removal, and more
Automation is making a huge impact for those that embrace it
Robotic automation increases the utilization of your equipment by
200 to 400%1
You can shorten lead times and offer better quality at
30% less cost by using automation1
A CNC machine shop that employs robotic automation manufactures
47% more parts-per-hour2
When you add in automation, machine utilization increases from
2,000 to 6,000 hours per year3
With the right choice of robotic automation, your direct labor costs can be reduced
by 50 to 90%1
Okuma's Dream Site showcases lights out manufacturing with
100% productivity increase,
50% cut in lead-time,
30% electrical costs savings4
Automation Knowledge Center
Lights On or Lights Out, Shop Automation ShinesView Blog Post →
Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark – Running 24/7 Lights Out ManufacturingView Blog Post →
Six Steps to Successfully Adopting CNC Automation in Your Job ShopView Blog Post →
Shop Matters - Ep. 44 How Do You Automate Your Operations?View Podcast →
Automation GuideView Guide →
Get started on your automation journey today.
Thanks, you’re all set!
We're excited about your automation journey! Your local distributor will be in touch soon.Back To Top ↑
1. Cutting Tool Engineering. CNC Automation: Should We?
2. Motion+Drives. 10 Reasons to Add Robotic Automation to Your CNC Shop.
4. Protolabs. Data, Digital Threads, and Industry 4.0