As machines become more complex, involving additional axes, automation and setup changing, there’s more room for human error. Many applications and development tools concentrate on the cutting and forget about the hazard of collision.
Our Collision Avoidance System (CAS) integrates 3D modeling of our machines, blanks and tooling with the power of the THINC-OSP Control to create a virtual machine. By running the real-time virtual application seconds ahead of the actual cutting, problems can be detected early and the machine stopped before a costly collision.
CAS generates the actual and exact shape of the materials milliseconds ahead of a cut to confirm that no interference takes place. Virtual Modeling requires exacting dimensions and definitions that only Okuma can deliver because we manufacture the machine.
CAS improves on your Okuma investment by:
• Creating a safeguard against operator or G-code error.
• Maximizing machine utilization rates via shorter setup, trial cut, and less machine down time.
• Enhancing productivity with shorter trial cuts that allow machinists to concentrate on machining
• Protecting the operator in manual jogging mode.
• Allowing operator to run at full speed unless there’s a detected collision.