Machining optimization for the most challenging parts
Designed for applications that would traditionally require a CNC lathe to turn a feature, Turn-Cut eliminates the need to purchase such special-purpose machines, along with any additional tooling, fixtures, or add-on components. In many cases, a part’s size, shape, or weight makes it impossible to set up on a lathe anyway; but with Turn-Cut, large, awkward, and unbalanced parts remain stationary as a new tool path is created.
Turn-Cut, an Okuma Advanced Technology:
- Provides process optimization capabilities without a large investment in specialized tooling, attachments, or secondary machines
- Makes the machine perform more consistently and accurately, even in applications that don’t require Turn-Cut capability
- Reduces set-up times because no additional fixturing is needed and parts don’t have to be moved to separate machines
- Eliminates the need for expensive index chucks used for the manufacturing of small valves or tees
- Frees up more floor space because a secondary machine is not needed to complete turning applications