Okuma Introduces the New MULTUS U5000 Multitasking CNC Lathe with Larger Bed Length
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (June 1, 2018) – Okuma America Corporation announces the debut of the new
MULTUS U5000. This powerful, 2-saddle CNC lathe has a wide range of specifications to easily handle large parts for the energy and aerospace industries.
Built with Okuma’s renowned heavy-duty construction, the MULTUS U5000 provides a sturdy platform for machining large, process intensive parts, providing a complete multitasking solution.
- Flexible CNC machining from all directions: A highly rigid traveling column allows for powerful cutting along the entire Y-axis
- Extended specs for a variety of applications: Larger bed lengths, sub-spindle and lower turret configurations are available to provide specific solutions to match application requirements
- Maximum milling or turning performance: For highly-efficient cutting of difficult-to-machine materials and a wide variety of CNC machining applications
- Thermo-Friendly Concept: Provides long-term, stable machining accuracy with structural design and thermal deformation control technology
- Shorter setup time and prevention of collisions: The OSP-P300SA control reduces keyboard operations by 50% and maximizes uptime with its Collision Avoidance System
- Machining Navi (optional): Maximizes tool performance by choosing the optimal speed(s) at which the machine can avoid chatter
- Operator-friendly design: Easy tool loading from the machine front, improved spindle access for faster setup times, and smooth chip discharge for better flows