How to Find Apps Compatible With Your Machine Tool (Video)
By adding apps to your Okuma machine tools, you can create process efficiencies that are customized for the unique needs of your shop, unleashing functionalities that make your machine “My Okuma.” Many people wonder how to get started with machine tool apps. The easiest way is to go to the Okuma App Store at www.myokuma.com and download apps that have already been created, and quickly experience the results. But before you get started, check out this video showing the app you should install first to make this process easy.
Easy Compatibility Check
SCOUT – the System Compatibility Output Utility – is designed to quickly identify if your Okuma machine tool is compatible with App Store apps. All applications have certain system requirements, and SCOUT takes the burden off the user to determine which apps are compatible. It provides a list of all available apps and their current compatibility status for that machine.
How to Use SCOUT
- Get the latest version: SCOUT is updated regularly as new machine tool apps are added to the Okuma App Store, so make sure you have the latest version before proceeding – you can download it here.
- SCOUT does not need to be installed, and can even be run directly from a USB drive if desired.
- SCOUT gathers important information about your particular machine, and compares your machine’s condition to the list of requirements for each machine tool app currently available from the App Store.
- Apps that are compatible with your machine display a green checkmark icon (see photo above).
- Some apps, such as Coolant Monitor, have hardware requirements, so you’ll need to contact an Okuma representative to find out if it will work with your machine tool.
- If SCOUT detects that a machine tool app is not compatible, check the details page by double clicking the app from the list.
- Sometimes, getting your machine tool to support the app you’re interested in is as easy as getting the latest version of the .NET Framework from Microsoft®.
Using machine tool apps is one of the fastest ways to improve your process efficiency, reduce setup times, eliminate scrap parts, and more. To make this easy for you to implement, we’ve created a series of tutorials (like this one ) on our YouTube channel titled “App Videos.” We’ll be adding more on a regular basis, so please subscribe to our channel and keep up with the latest.