Top 10 Blog Posts of 2015
Every Wednesday we post a new blog here on our website, and these are the result of a good amount of thought and effort from our Experts here at Okuma America. As we close out the year we enjoy taking a look at which blogs were viewed most often, as this gives us some insight about which topics you find most useful.
Sharing information that’s useful to you is the ultimate goal for our blog. We carefully consider what we’d want to know about, if we were in your shoes. And judging from the popularity of the topics below, there are times when we hit the mark. Check out our Top 10 from 2015 and see what resonated with folks in our industry.
Okuma’s Top 10 Blog Posts of 2015 (Most Popular First)
- We Believe in Distribution: In 2015 the machine tool industry witnessed controversial shakeups in distribution strategies. In the year’s most-read blog Jim King explains why Okuma America remains committed to our long-time partnership with the best machine tool distributors in the industry.
- So God Made Manufacturing: A Super Bowl ad had an unexpected effect on Ted Driggs – it inspired him to write this heartfelt homage to hard-working manufacturers.
- Tips for Cycle Time Reduction: Spindle/M-Spindle: When Cooper Ferguson pondered a topic for his blog, he honed in on “what’s most important to our readers?” The resulting list of how-to tips for cycle time reduction was the third most popular blog of the year. (Stay tuned for more tips from Cooper in 2016.)
- Common CNC Grinding Mistakes: “Grinder-Guru” Rob Titus dispels the notion that grinding is a “black art” with practical solutions for common grinding mistakes.
- Machining Center Tool Life Management – Make It Or Break It: Jeb Tyler explains why having back-up tools at-the-ready is an inefficient approach to tool life management. Here he proposes two options for handling tool life management while keeping your machine tool running.
- The Machine Tool Oscars: Why should Hollywood have all the fun? Here we rolled out the red carpet for Okuma America’s most popular videos. From Best Picture to Best Cinematography, and of course the Best Heavy Cutting Action Flick, see what grabbed viewers’ attention on our YouTube channel.
- “Hidden” CNC Control Functions Simplify Procedures (Part 1): Paul Russell figured that sharing code is one of the most useful things we can offer to our readers. In this blog he provides specific programming examples for little-known advanced functions on Okuma controls.
- Basic CNC Control Procedures (Videos): Ed Leeson set out to help new Okuma users get acquainted with fundamental control procedures. Here he shares three quick videos shops can use anytime, anywhere.
- Vertical Turning: Myths vs. Reality: Jury Sollenberger examines the “myth” that vertical turning is only for large parts. Here he shows how vertical turning brings many advantages for small parts manufacturing as well.
- Don’t Overlook These Critical Machining Center Features: With an abundance of 40x20 vertical machining centers on the market, choosing one can be overwhelming. Brandon Glenn reveals the machine features that should be considered to make the right long-term decision.
What’s your favorite Okuma blog from 2015? Let us know in the comments below, so we can stay focused on your favorite topics.
More: You can find other most-read topics in our Top 10 Blog Posts of 2014, including smart multitasking machines, machine tool zen, and the ever-popular “free hats.”