Aerospace Center Grand Opening
The Grand Opening of the Aerospace Center of Excellence will take place December 8-9, 2015 at Okuma’s facilities in Charlotte, NC. This event is jointly hosted by Okuma America Corporation and Sandvik Coromant, and includes several demonstrations from Partners in THINC. Our goal is to help aerospace manufacturers increase productivity, decrease costs, improve quality and maximize profitability. All sessions and demonstrations are designed with the special considerations of the aerospace industry in mind: cost reduction, dealing with exotic materials, and demand for traceability, to name a few. Attendees will learn how they can use this state-of-the art facility to test and prove the latest technologies and create competitive advantage in this fast-moving industry.
The Grand Opening event will be held on Tuesday, December 8, 8:00am - 6:00pm and Wednesday, December 9, 8:00am - 12:00pm. The theme is “Manufacturing Excellence – Applying Emerging Technologies to Aerospace Manufacturing.” Attendees are invited to register now and make plans to participate in this event.
Robert Mudge, RPM Innovations - Using Additive + Subtractive Manufacturing to Multiply Productivity
Machines on Display – Live Cutting Demonstrations (subject to change)
- MU-10000H – Okuma’s Largest 5-Axis Horizontal Machining Center
- MA-12500H – Horizontal Machining Center
- VTM-100 – 3-Axis Vertical Turning Lathe
- LOC650 - 4-Axis Horizontal Lathe
- MU-6300V - 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center
- MU-8000V - 5-Axis Vertical Machining Center
- MULTUS U3000 - Multitasking Horizontal Lathe
- MULTUS U4000 - Multitasking Horizontal Lathe
Machine Technology Presentations from Partners in THINC
- The Frozen Tundra – The benefits and effects of machining in a cryogenic state (5ME)
- Pump It Up – How high-pressure coolant can save you money and improve quality (Sandvik Coromant/MP Systems)
- Rethinking the Manufacturing Process – How multitasking machines and specialty tooling can improve efficiency (Okuma and Sandvik)
- On the Right Path – Achieving process improvements with proper tool path generation (software/tooling) and taking advantage of the newest developments in metal-cutting and machine tool technologies
- Okuma App Store & OSP Suite
Learning Session Topics
- The Digital Age of Manufacturing – Putting the Industry Internet of Things (IIoT) to work for you - real-life examples of how the shop floor is connected to the front office, and the bottom line
All aerospace manufacturers are invited to join us for this exciting event. Please visit our event page to learn more and to register.